Saturday, April 6, 2013

going coconuts

Y'all know by now that I'm willing to try just about anything to be healthier.
I mean I drink apple cider vinegar for heaven's sake if that tells you anything.
I noticed a pin a few months ago about coconut oil and made a mental note.
 
Then one of my favorite bloggers The Silver Pen posted about it
and I ran to Whole Foods immediately and picked some up...
 
Ok.
I asked the guy at Whole Foods how to take it.
He said just eat a teaspoon of it.
Let me spare you the experience of what it may be like to eat Crisco...
because although it didn't taste like that
{because, yes, as a child I did that and it wasn't pretty}
just a faint taste of coconut...
the texture of it was, for me, hard to deal with
SOOOOOOO
what I figured out was to either add it to my green smoothie
or use it like butter spread on the top of my granola oatmeal muffins.
Very nice indeed.
 
Now I don't know if all this is true...
 
but I'm hoping for good things :)
and if I start looking and feeling like a twenty year old
you'll be the first to know!
 


1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished