Saturday, November 30, 2013

back on track

I've been dreading today.
Saturdays are always the day we do our longest run of the week.
I haven't run in three weeks.
Heck.
I haven't done anything more strenuous than cough during that time.
That's the longest break I've taken since I was pregnant.
I debated about going.
Thought up every excuse plausible.
But I went anyway.
I got home today and my husband asked his usual question.
How was it?
I made it I told him.
I didn't think I could.
But I did it.
How far? he asked.
Ten miles.
He goes "are you crazy?
You just got over the flu."
He paused.
Waiting for me to react.
I just stared at him.
"And you haven't done anything in three weeks!
I thought you were going to ease back in?"
And?
 I thought to myself.
Like stretching and strength training
via ilovetorun.org
 
Look.
It hurt.
I'm not going to lie.
It STILL hurts.
And I will probably be barely able to walk all day.
 
But go with me...
I'm over 40.
I love to eat.
I never met a carb I didn't like.
I'm over 40.
Yes.
That bares repeating.
I love my running peeps.
Besides...
 
...
 
 
and because
 
.
via runwithjess.com
 
 
Its ok to take breaks.
But its important to get back to it.
Never stay idle.
What's the point of that?
Start small.
Then build from there.
Baby steps.
One day at a time.
Its true for any goal really.
{don't do like I did...I have a half marathon in a few weeks
or I totally would have started small again}
You just gotta start.
A year from now you'll be glad you did.
The time will pass any way.
Why not have something to show for it?
 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished