Tuesday, March 25, 2014

second coat

Hands down I'm loving
my newly painted
kitchen island.
To me it just brought everything together...
kind of like the perfect accessory for an outfit
that takes it from ho-hum
to
"HUBBA HUBBA! Look at her!"
 
 
 
Back when I was dreaming
{which I promise to wrap up soon
with a "before and after"
 with source list post
so that we can all move on :)}
I thought I wanted a green island.
I am so thankful to the wonderful Mary Ann
for pushing me to think outside the box.
It was her idea to go dark.
As usual she was spot on!
 
The color is BM Graphite.
Its a deep dark gray
that looks black almost.
I think its a perfect match to the metal
Plus it pulls the black from our PB bar stools.
Its like a belt that cinches in the bar area of the kitchen.
I'll take pictures from that angle
 to show you what I mean.
Once my OCD self cleans the kitchen up better
and puts everything in its place. :)
 
And you may have noticed all the hardware
in the kitchen is oil rubbed bronze.
I'm thinking of spray painting
the knobs for the island
with this...
 
 
 
or more of a "brass" finish
like you see in the Hicks pendants...
Thoughts???


2 comments :

  1. Love how it turned out! I painted ours years ago a dark chocolate brown and still love it. It really helps anchor an all white kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Graphite--I can't imagine it in any other color now--I suppose it was meant to be ;-) And those Hicks pendant! Sigh! I would go for the brass look with the hardware. Where did you find the Rust-Oleum metallic? I went to Lowe's but they didn't have it so I bought Valspar's (gasp!). I should be OK since I am using it on wood, but wish me luck! ;-/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished