Saturday, April 12, 2014

campaign dresser makeover reveal

 From my blue hands post the other day
 
You know I've been painting all week.
Well, since last week.
Or was it the week before that?
Yes, it was.
It started with the kitchen island.

 
Then I painted the front entry.
And hallway.
Here's a preview...

 
 Trying out a new gallery wall layout.
Always moving things about you know.
I also painted our utility closet
on the opposite wall you see above
and a secret nook
under the stairs
that I turned into a
 hide out/clubhouse
for my littles.
The little doorway from the closet
into their new space
is so small
I have to turn my hips to get in.
Don't judge.
I managed to crawl in to paint it
and set up some LED lights
without getting stuck.
Ha!
More on that later.
I'm excited to finally be able
to scratch another project off my list.
This one is from 2012.
I know.
Talk amongst yourselves.
across the country after I found it
in a thrift shop near Palmetto Bluff?

 
 Well...it's painted and in the house!

 
 I'm going to let it sit for a few days
to let the paint harden.
Here's the paint I used by the way...
I started off by priming it with two coats of
Zinsser water based primer.
If you know me then you know
the hardest part was picking the paint color.
In the end I hit the easy button.
While I was at Lowes grabbing the primer
I perused the spray paint aisle and chose this...

 

 
 
I ended up doing three coats of this
until I liked the finish.
For the hardware I did a metallic spray paint
 
 
Can you believe I had to go to four stores
to find a metallic gold spray paint?
Argh.
What up with that?
For the parts that I couldn't remove
I used the same brush leaf product
that I used on the kitchen island hardware...
 
 
And there you have it.
Scratching this project off the list :)
It took long enough didn't it?
Some things are worth the wait I think...
 
 
Now to figure out what I can paint next :)
Have a great weekend!
 
 

7 comments :

  1. I love it and you are busy busy. I have some paint projects I'd be glad to let you do. Love your kitchen lights btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! if you live in Houston holler and i'll stop by for paint night :) btw...my kids get out of school next month and once that happens my DIY project list will come to a screeching halt :) thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I love it! That is a great blue! Bet your blue and white pots will look great on it. Your kitchen island looks beautiful too. Can't wait to see what you do with the space under your stairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Tery! you're so sweet. i'm telling you i'm obsessed with painting stuff now. I cant stop myself :) you definitely have to stop by thrift stores and goodwill stores on a regular basis to score the good stuff...make friends with the employees and tell them what you're looking for. maybe they could call you if a campaign dresser comes in :)

      Delete
  3. Nancy... the dresser looks great!! I love the dramatic appeal! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Katie! I have to say I wasn't sure about using blue (imagine that) but I like it more and more. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, Nancy! My tray would be spectacular on that gorgeous chest!! Thanks for visiting and commenting. I didn't realize you were from Southern State of Mind. I'm so glad I clicked over ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished