Monday, May 19, 2014

crazy for kubu

Thank you for your sweet birthday wishes for Zb.
I may have given him ice cream for breakfast.
Again.
This morning.
Allegedly.
I got that idea from my peep Laura
whose family eats ice cream for breakfast
on their birthdays.
Zb had it Friday on his actual birthday.
And, again, allegedly
he may have it had it today too.
I'm telling you that snaggletooth grin
of his makes me go weak.
Ha!
I'm still cleaning up from the birthday bomb
that went off in our house last week.
That kid is milking it for all its worth.
Anywho...lots to do today so let's make
this a two for one where I'll do a post
on something I've been saving as a favorite...
that way I can clean my computer as I go :)
 
I'm sure you've seen posts about kubu chairs before.
Here's what they look like in case you're wondering...
 
 
 
If you're thinking rattan or wicker you're right.
The version above is Restoration Hardware.
$399 on sale.
Normally $469.
 
They come in different shapes and sizes.
And of course prices :)
Joni of Cote de Texas did a fantastic post a few years ago.
Where she raved about ones from World Market.
 
 
 
World Market no longer carries that chair
but they do have this version
 
 
 similar to the RH above but for $139
 
Ok...saving the best for last.
I stumbled on these a while back.
Yes, I know that
I don't need them
but I do keep thinking of them...
 
 
as in plural.
I would love more than one.
And if that's wrong I don't want to be right.
Because they're pretty sweet huh?
From my beloved overstock.com.
But I'd hurry if you want them...
these wont last long.
You're welcome. :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


10 comments :

  1. I love the looks of these. I always referred to them as wicker. We got some outdoor wicker for our patio and I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sweet! i'll stalk your blog to find the pics :)

      Delete
  2. I love them too! I have been looking for a pair to go in my dining room. I have four white denim slipcover chairs and thought two Kubu chairs would be nice. I think they add jut the right touch of wood and texture. I need to just go ahead and buy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say go big or go home Tery! if you get the ones from overstock be sure and sign up for their emails and use the coupon they send...every bit helps :) btw...do you have a blog?

      Delete
    2. I am on Overstocks list! No, I do not have a blog but am thinking about it...maybe one day!

      Delete
    3. About blogging...After I sent the above reply to you I started thinking..how do you find the time? I have 4 kids (ages 23, 20, 16 and 4)...how do you find the time? You have 3 boys...twins for pete's sake! I only have two at home now and there aren't enough hours in the day. I do have an Etsy shop and I have been thinking of putting it on a hold for the summer. Maybe I will do a little research on starting a blog over the summer.

      Delete
    4. ok. here's what I do. if an idea hits me or I see something I like I either save it as a favorite or copy a link and paste it in a new post then save it for when I have time. I also email myself ideas when I'm not near a computer. I like to write so i pretend in my head that its my job :) then i write early morning before they get up or right after they leave for school when i'm drinking my coffee or like now during my lunch. if i'm posting 99 times out of 100 my boys are not home.

      hey can you share your etsy shop with me. feel free to email it if you don't want to here...
      alwaysinasouthernstateofmind {at} gmail.com

      lastly...a blog is easy peasy to start. just go to blogger although i'm sure there are other platforms. that's just the one i know. :) let me know when you do and i'll be your first follower :)

      Delete
  3. Ice cream for breakfast? Hmmm. Why didn't I think of that before?
    Cute chairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have thought of it either had my friend not shared that that's what her family does for everybody's birthday. :) we should all try it. at least a bigger part of the population would be in a better mood if only for a little while :)

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished