Monday, May 5, 2014

got it!

Remember last week
at my favorite thrift shop
but I resisted the urge to buy it since
it wasn't exactly what I'd gone looking for
{I collect double happiness jars like below}



So I left the store empty handed.
Then that same afternoon
I was perusing One Kings Lane and saw this
 
 

via

 
The same.
Dang.
Thing.
That I'd seen at the thrift store but
for a hundred bucks more.
Which of course made me want that little pot
from the thrift shop.
I couldn't go back until the next morning.
I just knew it would be long gone.
But I showed up right at opening time.
 I held my breath and
 ran like a crazy woman
walked straight back to the room
where they have all their porcelain.
And there it was!
I snagged it and turned around to go pay for my score
 and saw this sitting on the floor...
 
 
This vase is HUGE
and blue and white
and cheap
and it became mine too.
Because I'd learned my lesson
and didn't want to come back the next day.
Again.
 
 
Funny thing is.
I didn't even notice until I brought it home
that the tall vase has a little symbol on it.
Squint and you can see it.
I think its the symbol for long life
but its close enough to double happiness
to make this girl happy. :)
 
 
** Update**

I forgot to add a link up to the
Blue and White Bash
over at the fabulous blog
The Pink Pagoda


via

If you too are a lover of blue and white
{and even if you're not}
be sure to click over
to see more blue and white eye candy
from all over blogville.
I think you'll be glad you did :)
 


11 comments :

  1. It was meant to be! Both pieces are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I know what "double happiness" looks like. Pretty things! And thanks for the lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find myself adding a piece of blue and white if it presents itself and the price is right. Don't think I have any double happiness jars. Guess I need to start looking for one of those. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds, Nancy!! I need to start collecting double happiness too--it has a great meaning! :) ~Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fabulous pieces... and I do LOVE finding a bargain!! Congratulations!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when that happens! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that vase. So beautiful - love the beautiful shape,lines, and size. Truly jealous but double happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love it when you find cool stuff at the thrift store! I love scoring great finds! Great job!
    -Lauren @thisgirldecor

    ReplyDelete
  9. this post totally made me laugh because i can soooo relate. (especially to the running like a crazy woman part)! what GREAT finds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you went back to get it and thrilled it was still there!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished