Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I want to be like her...

at the golden age of 91.
I thought of her during our long training run
on Saturday when the negative committee
in my head was talking trash
because of the heat
and a little heel problem
 I've been nursing.
I told them to shut up.
Repeatedly.
They're a rowdy crew - the committee in my head.
Ha!
 

 
 
When times get tough its just
one foot in front of the other,
keep falling forward.
I thought of Mrs. Harriett
and kept on going.
Read her story here.
Is there anyone who inspires you when times get tough?
Please do share in the comments section. :)
 


7 comments :

  1. Hate that little voice that pops up!! While my Granny is gone, I am still inspired by her. She was never afraid to try anything, whether successful or not. The only failure is not to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love that! you're so right - the only failure is not to try. :)

      Delete
  2. We have a lady in Fairhope who is somewhere in her late 80's who runs marathons. She still works full time at the bank, and walks to work every day.
    I don't see her much, because I go through the bank's drive-through - too lazy to walk inside. Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's too funny! I hope i'm rocking it like that in my 80's. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thanks Katie :) hope you're having a great week!

      Delete
  4. You can do anything you want to do. You know that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished