Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Smile


 
I saw this story yesterday and it made me smile.
Well, actually it made me cry
but it also made me happy to see an uplifting story.
Its about a teenager who carried his brother
on his back
for forty miles
to help raise awareness
about cerebral palsy.
But get your tissues first.
 
Another thing that made me happy
was finding out about a new program on amazon.com
Its called the amazon smile program.
Ever heard of it?
If not you can see the details here.
 
In a nutshell this excerpt from the page above explains it:
"AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets you enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the eligible charitable organization of your choice."
 
I don't know about you but
I order off amazon all. the. time.
Now I'll be ordering through the amazon smile program.
Especially because when I searched their charities
I was ecstatic to find that a foundation I've mentioned here before
is listed among the organizations you can donate to.
 
From my previous post...
 
9. What charity is most dear to your heart?
 
I recently received an email
Justin and Jared
who live here in Houston.
One was recently diagnosed with
His twelve year old twin is competing
in a half iron man distance triathlon
to raise money and awareness
in support of his brother and others with GAN.
He will be only the second 12 year old to compete in such a race.
I know.
How awesome is that?
 
All donations go directly to Hannah's Hope Fund,
the non-profit organization established to fight GAN
If you can support them please do
even if its just to like his facebook page
and get the word out about GAN.
 
reminded me of the brotherly bond between
Justin and Jared.
One racing to help find a cure for his brother.
They also have a younger sister Lexi.
Sadly Lexi was also recently diagnosed with GAN.
 
So if you shop at amazon I would encourage you
to use their new smile program
and if you don't have a favorite charity
then please please please
consider designating Hannah's Hope Fund 
to receive the 0.5% donation from the smile program.
Blessings to you and yours. :)

2 comments :

  1. I saw the story of the boy carrying his brother yesterday on the news. Between that and reading "The Fault In Our Stars" I have been a complete mess for 2 days! Thanks for the tip on Amazon Smile. I knew nothing about it. I order so much from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. heck I cry at Kleenex commercials and even just the promo for that movie of the book you're reading has me teary eyed. definitely check out the amazon smile program. free money for your charity of choice is a happy thing :)

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished