Friday, July 25, 2014

camp, chaos, i call it free time

My boys got this t-shirt from their camp this week.
 
 
They call it camp.
I call it free time to finish projects :)
 
On my list was an art project that required modge podge.
So I went to Hobby Lobby.
And no I didnt go directly to the glue section.
I wandered around.
Allegedly.
I needed to look at lights you know.
Since I'm working on freshening up our guest room.
I'm trying to reuse what I have as far as linens.
But I've been thinking about new lamps.
So I wandered there first...

 

 
I like these gourd lamps...
 
 
 
And when they go on sale you basically get two for the price of one.
My kind of deal.

 
How about a sunburst mirror...

 
on a lamp???
 
Or nautical...

 
They werent on sale yet so I wandered on.
 
And stopped dead in my tracks.
 

 
Something about these looked awfully familiar.

 

 
Not all of these
but some of these were...
 
 
Yep.
now has a line at Hobby Lobby.
Where have I been?
Holla!
 
 
I saw these and texted my friend Julie
who just had the most beautiful baby Audrey.
 
 
 
I threw the bottom one in my basket for her.
Ok.
And this one for my boys...
 
 
 
But they were half off!
Who could resist?
Not me.
I did resist this sign
although I need it in my life
for my kitchen...
 
 

 
Take it or leave it.
Love it!
 
And this cow spoke to me.

 
Once I figure out where he could go
he might just MOOOOve into my abode.
 
Of course I liked these too...
 

 

 
 
 
Thinking you could do this too
with leftover remnants if you love fabric like I do...


 
 
They had a new section full of black and gold...




 
and chalkboard art...

 
and lots of letters...

 
the ones above reminded me of ones
we've seen in Round Top.
 
They also had large canvas ones I've never seen before...


 
I knew I only had a little time
to get my projects done
so I grabbed my glue
{and my Lindsay Letters}
and went home to do some stuff.
 
I had a few of my favorite photos blown up
and using my modge podge
I put them on canvas
for some relaxed art work.
This now hangs above the boys' bed.

 

 


 
and a bigger shot of the marsh
near my sister's home
hangs in our hallway.
I've been playing around with this wall
for like ever
and finally decided to do a gallery wall
of what I love most...
marsh and clouds.
 
 
 
The one in the middle hides our thermostat.
I fixed a photo frame to the cover
with some 3M thingos...
it swings open when we need to adjust it
and the air flow around it isnt impeded at all.
Even the a/c guy had to ask where it was the other day.
He thought it was brilliant!
{He just might get the job to replace the whole system!}
The one bottom left is by one of our boys.
The little one on the bottom right?
I did that.
If you stand back it's not so bad.
:)
I used gold paint on the edges of the canvas
and made a little accident detour to the front with gold paint.
It wouldnt wipe off so
I decided to continue all the way around
for a little frame like effect.
Not bad.
I think.
 
I also made a little gift for my husband.
He's a stamp collector.
I asked him to print out an enlargement
of a recent purchase of his.
Then I cut it out carefully
and modge podged it to a canvas
I play-painted with...
 
 

 
Not sure what I'll do with it
but I like it and so does he.
 
Then I took some oyster shells that I collected this summer
and my trusty new glue gun and voila...
 
 
 

 
I tried my hand at an oyster shell cross.
Tery...I tried but I need some tips. :)
 
By this time I had to run and get the boys...
but slowed down to take a picture
of the park where my husband proposed to me...
 
 
and then again walking from the car to the camp...
 
 
I loved getting so much done
but then I saw this...

 

 
and was happy to have my boys back with me.
Let the chaos begin again :)

 


1 comment :

  1. Yes, loving all the new artwork at Hobby Lobby. The cross looks great! I made a shell one, but would love to make an oyster one as well.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished