Saturday, July 26, 2014

let's look outside at the Southern Living House in Palmetto Bluff

 
 You'll remember from my first post
about the 2014 Southern Living House
{located in Palmetto Bluf, SC}
that I did a drive-by the night before it officially opened.
 
 


 
 

 
 
Today let's venture up onto the porch.
Exiting from the kitchen door
 you'll find a large dining area...
 


 
 
with more seating available around the corner.
Notice the roll down shades...

 
Personally I would have had them screen this area in.
To say its buggy in PB is an understatement.
The ceiling fans will help with this though.
 

 
I love the windows...
paned at the top but open for views on the bottom.
Oh and the tabby under foot.
 
Walking down from the first dining area
you'll find a great little area for you to get your grill on.
 
 
and a fire pit as well.
I could see smores here every night. 


 
I love this view from the fire pit out onto the lake.
 
 

 
Back up on the porch
{or shall we call it party central}
there's another little dining area,
a little more cozy
with a table for two.
 

 
 
 

I love that you can get to the porch from both sides of the house.
This door leads back into the huge living area. 

 
 
Notice the curvature of the brick stairs.
 
 
Looking back towards the larger dining and sitting areas...

 
and a closer look at the roll up sun shades...


 
 
If you throw a party here they will come.
And I bet it will be hard to get the guests to leave.
This is a perfect place to chillax.
 

 


 I couldnt resist one more picture of the blue doors.

 
Ok, two pictures.
 
 
 
That's it for the tour of the 2014 Southern Living PB home.
You can also read more about it here on the SL site.
 
In case you love looking at houses like me never fear...
I have loads more pictures of other
 PB homes we looked at so stay tuned.
 
Life is good y'all.
Hope you enjoy what ever it is you have going on today.
Whether its little or big it doesn't matter.
Make it count!


4 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures and your visit to the Idea home.
    I look forward to your posts. I'm a Northern girl that longs to live in the South.
    Hope you have a Great Weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so sweet! thanks for reading. hope you get to live your dream and move down South. I'm so southern it hurts :) and obviously i'm partial to it but its a lovely place to live.

      Delete
  2. Positively adore the outdoor space. Great house!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished