Tuesday, July 22, 2014

still obsessed with peacock mirrors - two sizes, both on sale

You know I'm obsessed with peacock mirrors.
It all started with Wisteria's gigantic version
 
Gigantic in that it measures
60 inches wide and 48 inches high.
Its price tag is pretty gigantic too.
$1999
Breathe.
Deeply.
 
You might remember that I about died when I realized I missed
Pier One's version and went so far as to email them
to see if there was one, somewhere, heck anywhere
in one of their facilities.
No but thank you came their reply
when I kindly asked
if they would reissue it.
No, we don't do that, they said.
{Um...turns out they do
and they did...
reissuing it
 as the "Golden Medallions" mirror
but I digress.}
So I waited.
And stewed.
And finally the gods of design knock offs listened
and Z Gallerie made me the proud owner
of their version of the peacock mirror...
 

 
 
Where am I going with this?
Well, I was looking for a mirror for a friend.
You may know that I love solving décor mysteries...
like where can I find something for less...
well, I was searching for a mirror for a friend
when I stumbled on this...
 
 
 
 
It resembles my baby version
but its ginormous in size
like the original from Wisteria
sizing up at 55.5 inches wide by 48 inches high.
Best part?
Its more than a thousand dollars less.
Like the look but don't have the space?
Well today is your absolute lucky day
because I double checked
{remember I'm like a bulldog with a bone some times}
and the smaller version
from Pier One
is still available
and ON SALE!!!!
FOR $225!!!!!!
OK, I'll calm down.
You know I'm excited when I start typing in all caps.
So if you too are obsessed with Wisteria's peacock mirror
then I think you should make a move on one of these beauties.
You're welcome.
 
 
 


6 comments :

  1. I feel like I live in a plain cardboard box, because you always know the names of things, like, "Peacock Mirror." I would have just called it a, "Pretty shiny thing." I learn so much hanging out with a design guru like you. And how clever to search out an affordable option!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so funny! I'm no guru I promise you...just a girl who likes décor and to find the best deal possible. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm still the biggest fan too and Pier 1 - wouldn't have guessed. Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading :) hope you're having a great summer!

      Delete
  3. Ok, I agree...I had no idea that is what they were called. Gorgeous nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen them referred to as "honeycomb" mirrors as well. :) thanks for reading.

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished