Saturday, August 16, 2014

house in the 'hood

Hope y'all are enjoying summer.
It really has flown by hasn't it?
I'm ready to sit back today and do nothing.
Who's with me?
Let's start with a little glimpse
into a recently sold
house in our 'hood...
 
I don't normally include pictures of the exteriors
but this one is too cute not to...
 

 
Loves it!
Loves the wallpaper in the dining room as well.
 
 


 



Across from the dining room
is a bright living room...
 

 
and in the back of the house
there's a more comfy den area.
Not a fan of ceiling fans
but in this heat I get it...
 


 
Yep.
I spy a cute kitchen...


Where to start?
I love it all...
 
lighting, barstools (Ballards?), chalkboard art...
 


SS appliances, subway tile, countertops...
 


 
farmhouse sink, bridge faucet, hood...
 


 
Seriously.
Love.
It.
All.
 


 
Up the cute stairs we go...
 


I know you don't buy a house for the furniture
but still...
there are some great pieces in this room...
 


campaign dresser in tealy blue...
I love you.
 


 
I regret the choices we made
with our master bath reno
five years ago...
I had a baby and no brain power.
Wish we'd gone the way they did with grays and marble...
 






 
Ample room in the master closet...

 


and a nice spot on the landing for a desk area.
Just dreaming aloud here...
 


 
makes me want to paint our guest room...
 


 
or just be a guest here so that I can use that old bathtub...
 







 
Where you'd find me most days if this were mine...

 
I'd even put up a ceiling fan on the pergola :)
 
Stay cool wherever you are.
Have a happy, happy weekend!
 
all images via har.com


6 comments :

  1. Darling home…love the master bath and closets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with the master bath. The rest of the house is great as well. Love all the details. this is my favorite series. Love seeing these houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Katie...I think of you now every time I post one :)

      Delete
  3. WOW. WOW. That is absolutely beautiful. I bet there are so beauties in your neighborhood. Do you have any pictures of yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are definitely blessed to live here. Houston (and Texas in general) has fared extremely well economically as far as jobs and real estate...my husbands grandparents actually lived in our 'hood sixty some odd years ago. when we got married we found a little fixer upper here and spent five years "flipping" it following the old adage "find the worst house in the best neighborhood" and fix it up because as my husband always says "a rising tide lifts all boats." you're very sweet to ask about our house...its a continuous work in progress...i'll be done when we put a for sale sign out. :) pics of our current home are scattered throughout all the blog posts...i'll try to put it under a label so its easier to find. our most recent reno is our kitchen...you can find those pics quickly under "popular posts" under "countertops" as always, thanks for reading Liz!

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous home ... everything is perfect! I like how it all flows...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished