Tuesday, October 21, 2014

house in the 'hood

Hope your week is off to a great start.
The weather is finally feeling a bit like fall here in H-town.
Still not sweater weather but I'll take it. :)
Its my favorite time of the year.
How about you?
Speaking of favorite things
here's a new build in the neighborhood.
Its still available
preppy empty nester so show your husband...
maybe he'll bring you back to Texas :)
Then we can chill and go to homegoods together :)
 

again, this one had me at the reclaimed hardwood floors.
 

 
Not a fan of the stair case but I could live with it.
 
 

 
I would just sit in the dining room
with my back to it and stare at those glorious doors.


 
or just head inside to the office.
 
 
Again with those floors.
Swooning.
And let's talk about the ceiling in the family room.
 


Yes please.
Herringbone in the fireplace brick.
Check. :)
 

 
The light over the breakfast area is a modern twist.


 
 I'm an even bigger fan of the lanterns over the island.
 


Make that just a fan of the whole kitchen.
Marble countertops and backsplash,
Wolf appliances.
Very nice choices.
Even the stainless steel sink.
 


The builder knows this is what sells a house.
In my opinion any way.
 


The butlers pantry off the kitchen
leading into the dining room...
 



I like that they continued with the marble throughout...
even in the wet bar area across from the dining room.
 


 


In the master bedroom...
 


 
I would have put up a lovely chandelier but that's just me.
What I do love is the walk in closet.
 
 

And the outdoor fireplace on the balcony.
 


I love love love the brick under foot.
Reminds me of Savannah.
 
Back inside let's look at the master bath...
 
 
Is it just me or does it bother you
to have a huge window in front of the tub?
 
 
Game room any one?
 

 
Secondary bathroom...
 


Notice how this builder framed out the mirror.
Very simple but finished.
Thank you.
 
 
What's not finished here is the ceiling.
Ha!
 


 
Back down stairs is another nice patio.
Couldn't you see us out here on a fall evening
sipping wine from the bar area?
Me too.
 


The kids could play out here while we lounge around :)
 


 
Surely one of our husbands could fire up the grill for us...


 
 Who's in?
 
 
 
all images via har.com

8 comments :

  1. So funny how you imagine yourself in each room…i could too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I have issues :) I only post my favorites, the ones I could totally see us living in. i keep telling my husband that we need to move because I've nearly run out of home improvement projects. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. Love the flooring, and the pendant lighting. Who wouldn't want that closet (however, to fill it would cost almost as much as the house, LOL). We have a window over our tub, but this shape would be hard to find a treatment for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my clothes wouldn't fill up a quarter of this bedroom er i mean closet. everything is bigger in texas :)

      Delete
  3. Me! Me! I'm in. Great house but I agree with you about the staircase. Believe it or not, I had a window over my tub in McKinney. The Mister put trees around it and a beautiful garden. I never closed the shades because it felt so private. BTW... my favorite seasons in Texas are Fall and Spring. Just can't beat it. Now I have to send your link to the Mister so we can move and we can go to Homegoods together. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so funny! i think of you every time i go to homegoods. we should definitely have a homegoods contest. i have a winner winner i'll post today if i can. :) tell the mister to just say the word and i will find y'all a house nearby :)

      Delete
  4. I love this one! But agree with you on not a fan of the stairs. The window in the bath doesn't bother me but I didn't like the bath's layout. I would live with it just to have those floors and ceilings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree. i can live with the little things just to have those floors and the wood beam ceilings. so dreamy!

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished