Thursday, October 16, 2014

IKEA rocks

You know those sea fans I've been hoarding?
Well, I managed to finally frame two of them.
 
 
 
I painted one white, the other gold...
I'm still playing around with background colors.
But I think I'm getting the hang of it.
It took me a while to find a frame big enough
and deep enough to hold the sea fans without breaking it.
I've seen the Ribba frame before but
thanks to Sherri and this post I saw last month
I knew when I saw her pictures
that this was the frame for me.
Best part is the price...
under $20 for this size
{20.5 x 20.5}
They come in other colors too...
just not sure they are all this deep.
 
While I was at IKEA picking up these frames
I saw this...
 
 
a take on my favorite octopus...
 
 
 
 
and while looking for the octo link
I found these as well...
 
 
 
This set of three is only $9.
Yes, nine. dollars. for. three.
 
And how fun would these be in a kids' room?
 
via
 
Three for $12.
Holla!
 
And finally my favorite IKEA find...
 
 
their newest sofa,
the Stocksund.
for $599.
In three colorways.
Thinking this may be perfect for
our old guest room soon to be boys' game room.
I think I'm in love with this sofa.
And if that's wrong I don't want to be right.
 
 
 
 


 


6 comments :

  1. This is making me really want to go to IKEA!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should go Mary Ann...I would love to see what you pick out from there! :)

      Delete
  2. I need to get to Ikea! Then I need to paint mine! Did you use spray paint?
    Love the way yours turn out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually first tried using RIT dye but the color didn't really absorb the way I wanted. I had craft paint on hand so I used that but i'm seriously thinking of taking them out and trying spray paint again. I saw one the other day, think it was the nester, who used spray paint and it looked awesome. putting white spray paint on my list and will try it if I ever remember to get some :)

      Delete
    2. I can't find the right blue in a
      spray can. You know the blue I am looking for...that gray blue like blue coral. Planning on hitting IKEA next week. Have you put yours up yet?

      Delete
  3. I haven't been to an Ikea since I moved back from Texas. Miss it. Hope you are having a weekend of great finds!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished