Wednesday, November 12, 2014

high end double happiness

You know I have a thing for double happiness.
I've collected pieces for years.
This picture may give a clue as to why...
 
 
 
Just the name double happiness makes me smile.
Over the years it has become a popular thing to collect it seems
and this has driven the prices up.
 
 
 
has increased in price from $199 a few years ago
to its current price of $449.
If I were starting a collection today
I'd wait for a big sale
{like today they're having a spend $350,
get $75 off using the code "JOLLY"}
and grab them then.
They really are beautiful and HUGE.
 
I have two of the tallest pots in my kitchen
 
 
Not sure if you can tell but they are so tall
I had to take the tops off
to get them underneath the cabinets.
See what I mean by huge?

For the collector with a money tree in their backyard
{sadly there is not one in mine}
this one might make you giggle like it did
when I saw Ethan Allen's latest catalog...
 
 
 
 
 
 
I know its weird that this symbol makes me smile
but if that's wrong I don't want to be right.
This temple jar version is a tad shorter than Wisteria's biggest pot
and a tad heavier on price...currently on sale for $335.
Again if you have a money tree then go for it.
 
What I haven't seen before is double happiness in black.
Blue is more my style but you lovers of ebony
might find this interesting...
 
 
 
 
Who knew?
I've seen them in red recently on OKL
but this is a first for black.
Blue, red, black.
Now they just need to work on price point.
The good thing about high end versions
is that there will be knock offs imitations.
And I'm hoping its sooner rather than later :)
 
 
 
 


4 comments :

  1. Love them too, but certainly not the price tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love wisterias double happiness pots!!!!!! wow-they have gotten pricey!!!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I was in an antique shop a couple of weeks ago and the owner told me that the blue and white thing is out. I replied not in my house its not!!! Have a great weekend Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I have never seen the black or red. Blue is still my favorite. Goes so well with a coastal home. Love the picture of all the double happiness and twins! I have a special place in my heart for twins too.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished