Thursday, November 20, 2014

house in the 'hood

I spotted this one last night on my beloved har.com
and immediately went gaga over it.
 
 
 
Can you tell why?
Turns out I run past it on one of our running routes
but since we run before sunrise
I've just never noticed it.
Until now.
 
The home owner is either a designer, 
hired one,
or she stalks blogs like I do
because this house is divinely decorated
as you will soon see.
 

I love the chutzpah of whoever did the design.
Right off the bat you know this is going to be good.
They painted the hardwood floors in a glossy gray paint.
 
 


The downstairs office had me at hello.
 




Brave decisions were made all around.
Like I always say to my kids
different is good.
 

 
 


A better look at the floors in the entry hall
leading into the family room...
 




The plate arrangement on the wall reminds me
of one Sally Wheat used to have in her old house.
She lives in this 'hood too...
wondering if she helped with this house???
 





 
Wine room anyone?



Honestly I keep staring at the pillows.
And the mix of seating.
{Annette...see what I mean about mixing chairs?}
 
What goes with a wine room better than a bar area
especially with marble countertops and herringbone backsplash?
 
 

 
A lovely respite right outside the wine room...


 
Back inside there is a guest room and bath on the main floor...
 


Just the sight of the mudroom makes me happy...
 

 
I love the Houston subway art
in an otherwise tone on tone palette...

 
I'm taking notes on this bedroom.
Check.
Bungalow 5 dressers as side tables.
Check.


 

 
Two things I would do if this house were mine
is update the fireplace surround and the master bath...
 
 
But that wouldn't stop me from buying.
Especially if they threw in the furnishings :)
Just saying.
 
I spy one of my favorite light fixtures below...


Look at these boys' rooms below....
 
 






I will be showing these to my boys so that they can vote
on which one I will be copying for their bedroom update.
Because imitation is the most sincere form of flattery :)
 
I love the gallery wall in the second stairwell...
 


These last two rooms make this a winner winner in my book...
the game room...



and a bunk room.
 


 
I'm adding these to my new house file.
Which we may be needing sooner rather than later :)
More on that on Monday.
 
all images via har.com
 

 


4 comments :

  1. All I can say is "Wow!" This looks like a model home with a healthy helping of warmth. Love all the mismatched plates in the kitchen hung randomly. I need to do that because the Mister can't hang anything straight to save his life. This home is a gem. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all but agree that that master bath needs a do over. The bunk room is perfect in my book! I painted Ben's bedroom floor gloss white and my daughter's floor white and green harlequin diamond...does that mean I have chutzpah too? Because my husband said I was "crazy in the head" for doing it. He now loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow-someone had fun in the wine room-not one bottle to be left untouched!!! haha-great house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the office too. And their artwork. Such a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished