Tuesday, February 10, 2015

house in the 'hood

The weather has been gorgeous here in Texas the past few days.
Speaking of gorgeous here's one from my beloved har.com.
Enjoy my favorite house in the 'hood...
 
How's this for a start?
 
 
Where do I begin?
If that's not storage perfection I don't know what is.
Loving the board and batten detail on the wall and of course,
look up at that lantern.
Swooning.
 
Get ready for this...
mudroom of my dreams.
 
 
Is it just me or is that a chalkboard to the right?
Perfect for reminders and making lists that you can see as you dash out to the car.
 
This is also a "you had me at hello" entry.
The door?
Love.
It.
To.
Pieces.
The bell glass jar lantern is just what I have in mind for our new entry.
 

 
I think this is the study...


 
because the lighting in the adjacent room
makes me think this is the dining room.
 

There is a typical floor plan for most houses in this area of the last decade or two.
These newer ones tend to be front loaders like this one
which moves most of the ground floor rooms over to one side
but with a huge family room in the backside of the house.
See?
 

 


The breakfast area...
 

 
Another trend I've noticed in new builds are steel doors.

 

I love the look.
Putting that on our list to look at for the new build.
 
I'm also digging that the fireplace is so tall...


 
I wasn't sure about the black surround
until I saw the kitchen and I get it...
use what you have and make it flow.
I have other ideas for our new surround
but the super tall area for the fire...check.


You know I love me some subway tile.
 


I cant tell exactly what color these are but I like them.
I even like the outlet placement in the tile
plus look at the outlets in the baseboards throughout.
Good idea.
Check.
 


The butlers pantry connecting the dining room and kitchen...
 

 
I'm loving the little shelf above the sink.
Which they also did in the kitchen.
 


I spy my favorite farmhouse faucet... 
This inspires me to paint our pantry...
Notice the outlet in here...

 
Ours is similar and I keep our dust buster plugged in here.
You've got to keep it close with three boys.
 
Upstairs there is a big open space at the top of the stairs.
 
 
Here they might call this a game room or the kids' area.
 
The master bedroom and bath...


So much to love about this bath...
 


the separate toilet area,
the soaking tub,
and the white subway tiles with just a bit of trim detail.
Perfection.
 




 
I'm definitely going to investigate the pull down racks like these...
 


 
The secondary bedrooms are light and airy.
 










 
 
Plus you have to love a laundry room the size of Texas,
with lots of storage to boot.
 


 
One last little detail to love...an outdoor fireplace.
 

 
The weather is so divine right now
that this is where I'd be if this house were mine.
Whatever you do today I hope it makes you happy :)
 
 
all images via har.com
 
 


10 comments :

  1. Gorgeous home. Our living room/library has outlets in the baseboards, why the rest of our house does not...beats me!! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so funny. who knows why? :)

      Delete
  2. The Mister is home early today and I just showed him your post, Nancy, and carried on with my daily whine of how I want to go back to Texas. My #1 always tells me what great weather you are having. Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Katie, I'm sorry. if it makes the Mr. feel better tell him the good weather brought pollen and stuff that is totally making me ill with sinus problems.

      xo,
      nancy

      Delete
  3. I just screen captured that front door for the project that we're building now. I have to have it! It's perfect because our main house has an arched door! Thank you for posting this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Moira, not sure where they got theirs but this looks similar: http://www.vintagedoors.com/product.php?id=616

      hope it helps.

      Delete
    2. Hey, Nancy. That does help. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. There are so many GOOD things about this house! I'd love to furnish it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful home - so much amazing storage and the kitchen with that range…fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this house! I could move right in! The only thing I could do without is the addition of the brown in the last bath...otherwise perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished