Sunday, June 21, 2015

house in the 'hood

One look at the entrance to this next stunner
and no other words are needed as to why
this is my most recent drool-worthy choice
for my favorite house in the 'hood this week...
 
 
 
I know.
Stop drooling.
Where to start? 
Steel front door.
Walnut floors.
Antique doors from Joyce Horn flank the wine bar...
with its 147 bottle wine refrigerator.
Mine kind of people lived here :)
A row of Bevolo lanterns dangling like beautiful earrings.
I'll take it all.
{to my Round Top peeps...crate ensconced demijohn alert :)}
 
 Every room is pin worthy.
Don't say I didn't warn you...
 
I love the wall detail in the formal living room...
 
 
and the coffered ceiling in the formal dining room...
 

  Is it wrong that I gasped out loud when I saw the fireplace?
Reminds me of the ones at the Biltmore House...
so big you could stand in them.
I'll be showing this to our builder for sure.
 
 


On the other side of the fireplace...a picture perfect living area.
 

 The living room would be my happy place
while the game room...

 
Well, I could divide my time easily between these two rooms.
Couldn't you?
I wish they'd shown the barn room door that har.com describes as closing this area off
plus a nearby mudroom with lockers and a second half bath.
Sounds like heaven for a family full of boys doesn't it?
 
Speaking of heaven take a look at the master bedroom...



Absolutely divine.
As is the master bath.
I love their Circa light fixtures...
simply stunning.
 

 
The secondary bedrooms are nothing to sneeze at either...


Here's a perfect way to pop some pink...
 

 
much better than pink walls in my opinion.
 

I love the color combinations used in the boys' rooms...
 

 
 
I will definitely be studying these when we update the twins' room soon.
 


 
How's this for a study area?
 


 One with a gift wrap closet,
a doggie house {note the little doorway}
and bookshelves galore.
Yes please.
And I'm pretty sure that the laundry room beyond
is bigger than one of my college apartments.
 
I don't know about you but I'm in love.
Lots of ideas to dream about for a new home.
 
Hope you Dads out there had a very Happy Father's Day!
Enjoy your week!!!!
 
 
all images via har.com
 


6 comments :

  1. Still drooling. Those floors!!! What is not to love about this house. And yes, I will take that big ole double fireplace any day. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy... I guess my comments don't show up if I write them on my ipad. Anyway, positively adore this gorgeous home. Every darn detail. Hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful home and the attention to detail is amazing! Love the floors, and think I may even cook if I had that kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interior brick walls are my new love. Very gorgeous, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, Nancy! I'm a sucker for Circa Lighting! The study area is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy I am having the same trouble as Katie...I comment and they do not show up! Love this house so many wonderful details!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished