Thursday, September 10, 2015

house in the 'hood

Hope your week is going well.
Mine has been full of stops and starts.
On the good news front my new chandelier arrived.
Trying to decide if I should believe the pin I saw the other day
that says if I watch a certain you tube video
that I too can install my own fixture.
Hmmmmm.
I believe in myself...just not sure if I want to add a little spark to my life.
Because that would be my luck.
Yeah...writing down "find electrician" on my to do list today.
While I take care of that and order stuff for the twins' birthday next week
{not one present bought :(  Rut. Roh. Shaggy.}
I hope you enjoy this beautiful house in the 'hood...


Its no surprise that it was the lighting in the entry that had me at hello.






The study is right off the entry...
to say I'm in love with the custom in-laid floors would be an understatement.




A better look at the stained alder wood cabinetry...



Adore the brick in the wine bar area...


Here's a different angle...
the wine bar is mid-right in this photo of the dining room
looking into the family area and the kitchen beyond that...

 


 
Two built in cabinets flank the entrance from the hallway.
They were hand painted by Segreto Finishes.
 
 
 
Looking back into the dining area from the main living area...
 
 
Very simple drapery treatments throughout...
I like that they didn't cover every window and door.
 
 

I like how they used two different types of tables.
For someone who loves symmetry this really works for me.




 
The kitchen is incredible...
 

These cabinets were painted by Segreto Finishes as well.









Upstairs is like a residential resort of sorts complete with its own game room...

 
 
 
while the fifth bedroom serves as a workout room...
 

A small office area is right off the game room...


with another home office or craft area just off the laundry area...
 

 


The master bedroom is huge...

 
and the master bath enchanting...
 

 
 as are the secondary bedrooms...

 
...complete with built in playhouse
and a bathroom fit for a little princess...
 
 
The boys' bedroom is fun as well with a play loft located
behind the door below...
 
 
 




 
 Most lots in our neighborhood are tiny
{though with huge price tags and taxes to go with it}
but this one feels like the size of Texas.
Enough for a pool and play structure to boot.
There's something for everyone in this house.
If it were mine this is where I'd be most days...
 


You'd be welcome to hang with me here.
Especially if you come with wine in hand :)


 all images via har.com

3 comments :

  1. Ok LOVE the kitchen. Actually love the entire home, but I would have to add a little color...just me and my pink and green self speaking. But is someone actually LIVING there right now? On my best days, my house is not that clean and clutter free!!! And I've got the wine....I'll meet you on the to die for covered patio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That house looks staged to me. Actually, I'm not crazy about the kitchen. The table looks out of place. Love looking at these houses. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd get lost in there, but you would know to look for me in that gorgeous kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished