Tuesday, September 29, 2015

house in the 'hood

Hope y'all are having a great week so far.
I know I am.
We went to Round Top yesterday.
It started off shaky with rain and a dead battery
but only got better as the day went on.
Hope to post a picture filled tale of how the day went down.
Until then hope you enjoy a little peek into
this house in our 'hood that sold earlier this spring...
 
If you needed a definition of an open concept living space
this house would be it
with views into the kitchen, dining, and living areas from any one spot...
 
 
It seems like a great place to entertain doesn't it?
 
This reminds me that I need to de-clutter edit my book shelves.
 
 
I like the way there's just enough on the shelves...not too little or too much.
Plus I love the color.
Adding that to my to-do list too.
After I finish the office.
And the laundry room.
Oh yes and the boys room update.
Ok.
One day but not soon
 I will paint the bookshelves in our family room.
Until then I'll be pinning this as a reminder.
 
 
Who is else is loving the random quirkiness of the art choices in the room?
I love a good theme but I like random too.
And apparently I like green apples and alligators.
 


 
If I had to guess I'd say the door you see above
is the powder room...
 
 
I like the color scheme they used for the walls and trim,
same same but different.
Yes...let's do that too one day.
Who else keeps a running tab of unending home projects?
I doubt I'm the only procrastinator dreamer here ;)

 

 
The kitchen crams a lot in without feeling too crowded...
the desk area to the left and informal bar area.
It feels like a gathering place doesn't it?
 

 
I like how they mixed the slate countertops with the butcher block top on the island.
 

 
Love the lantern in the entry way...
 


 
more lighting love in the man cave/family room at the top of the stairs...
 

 
The master bedroom is quite lovely and serene.
 
 
Who wouldn't love a little sitting room like this...
 
 
Love the huge shower in the master bath...
 

 
 The secondary bedrooms are simple but stylish...
 

 
The older I get the more the mantra "less is more" speaks to me...
 
 


 

 although I do love to expect the unexpected as well...
like how they used this secondary bedroom as a home office.
Loving the world map triptych...wonder if that was a DIY.
 

 


 

 
 Back downstairs is an awesome bar area.
Every thing is bigger in Texas including our wine fridges...
 
 
I wish I could find out where these owners moved.
These are my people, my tribe.
I like they way they roll.
I hope they have a pool area in their new house like this...
 
 
 
 
 

You know this is where I would be found most days.
Especially with a glass of wine in hand.
 
all images via har.com

3 comments :

  1. Another great house. I love the art work. Can't wait to see your post on Round Top. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait to hear about Round Top!! Might have to schedule that for next year. Hated to miss out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful home! I am heading to Scott Antique Show in Atlanta next year and even though I'm in Texas, I've never been to Round Top. Need to go for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished