Tuesday, September 8, 2015

lighting look for less

Hope y'all had a lazy long weekend.
We took a quick trip to Austin for Lego Fest.
Yes.
Such a thing really exists.
A convention for lovers of Legos.
That's how you roll when you're a mom of boys.
I have to say I got giddy as we passed by highway signs for Round Top.
Three weeks y'all.
I.
Can't.
Wait.
I'm making my list and measuring free space.
Which translates to me de-cluttering to make room.
Its out with the old, in the new old :)
 One thing that's on its way out is the chandy in our bedroom.
 
You might remember I was headed towards this lovely fretwork lantern...
 
 
 
 
from the initial design board I came up with...
 
 
Alas the best laid plans sometimes don't work out.
You gotta just roll with the punches right?
Look at what I found instead...
 

 
 
which is a nice look for less compared to this Mecox muse...
 
 
Its beyond beautiful indeed but you know me.
I'll take the {$2000} difference and spend it in Round Top.
;)
 Who's with me?
 
 
 


7 comments :

  1. Love the one for less! So wish I had made the trip to Round Top once while our daughter was out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the less expensive one too. By the way, my price for my opinion is $2000.00. You're welcome. No two party checks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE. I desperately wanted a chandelier in my (I guess I should say "our" lol) master but my husband can NOT live without the ceiling fan so I gave in...not really....I got a new set of bedding out of it....he he he.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought for sure you were going to tell me you have a Lego chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous - just love the choice and can't wait to see what you find at Round Top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fixture! I showed my BF your art and he loved it. He is supposed to get me some info for you, but he hasn't yet. I'll keep on him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fixture! I showed my BF your art and he loved it. He is supposed to get me some info for you, but he hasn't yet. I'll keep on him!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished