Friday, September 25, 2015

progress check

So the heavens finally aligned this week.
The floor guy did a magnificent job.
I would use the word amazeballs but you might think me crass.
So I will just say I was impressed.
Also impressive is that my carpenter made a definite comeback in my book.
He installed the custom desk we had him make for the old bar area this morning.
Before and afters soon I promise.
 
In the meantime I'll tease you with a little design board for my new space.
Here's what I'm dreaming of...
 
 
 
Please note all these photos are from pinterest...not my own.
 
I'm on the hunt for a Chippendale side chair.
In green pretty please.
Crossing my fingers we find one in Round Top next week :)
I'm planning on a dark blue for the walls.
The space gets a ton of light so I'm not worried about it being too dark.
Plus you know how I feel about blue and white.
 
I was contemplating painting the desk my favorite apple green
but I think I'm going to go with a gloss white...probably White Dove
{thanks to Mary Ann for turning me onto that color}.
 
You might remember I had a huge bulletin board installed over
a huge header that hangs over the new desk area.
Its the backside of the stairwell so it cant be moved.
I asked.
Something about structural integrity.
I guess its staying.
Argh.
So what's a girl to do?
I'm thinking of adding Schumachers Chiang Mai in aquamarine
to cover the entire bulletin board.
Only problem is I don't know if I would have the heart
to stick a pin in it...first world problem right?
And yes I know I have it in mocha on pillows in my bedroom
and in blue and white in my kitchen.
Big hair don't care.
I'm crazy in love with it.
I don't know why and I don't really care.
It makes me happy and what's not to love about that.
Speaking of love.
I hit the holy grail with draw pulls.
As in double happiness draw pulls.
Yes there is such a thing and I found it.
Only another reason I call myself the décor detective.
:)
 
 
 
 
 


6 comments :

  1. Can't wait to see. What if you did a memo board with ribbon...no pins needed (would keep fabric intact in case you wanted to use it again down the road for something else). You could use apple green for the ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw one like that but with brown ribbon! totally terrific idea with the green :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I do too and found it for a steal like under $150...one problem. they want $200 to ship it. no joke. ugh. cant make myself buy it with that shipping. argh. going to round top Monday and hoping to find one I like there :)

      Delete
  3. So happy that things are coming together! Love the desk! Don't worry about going with the same fabric - go with what makes you happy. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW cool are those pulls!!! You ARE the Decor Detective. Thanks for the White Dove mention...you cute girl!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished