Thursday, January 7, 2016

gray hair dont care

I've ranted and raged about how I've been going gray for far too long.
Since I was a teenager.
Weird but true.
Gotta love genetics.
I started getting my hair professionally dyed in my twenties.
Depending on my hairstylist the colors have varied.
I've destroyed most photographic proof of the crazy colors its been.
Not sure what I was thinking at the time.
If at all ;)
There was a long while where I stopped having it "done" at a salon.
I'd buy a box of whatever at the grocery and do it myself.
Ten bucks and done.
Love it!
I still do it but I admit I need some help.
Sadly my arms are no longer Gumby like to reach the back of my head
and my eyes can't always see where the dye needs to go.
Well, that and I can't keep up with the grays.
There's too many.
My lovely hairstylist Marie guesstimated that if I stopped coloring
I would be seventy percent gray.
Whatchoo talkin' about Willis?
Now I love women with gray hair.
I do.
But I'm not ready to leave my brown hair behind just yet.
I have Marie touch up my roots every month or so.
Then about two or three weeks after she does it
I wake up and suddenly it would seem
there's a raccoon staring back at me in the morning mirror
with a big gray racing stripe down the part in my hair.
Anybody else?
Here's where I do one of two things...
grab a bottle of hair dye
or use a temporary wash out color stick of some sort.
I was telling Marie about my dye dilemmas,
kind of cautiously,
since I didn't want to offend her.
She just laughed and suggested I try a product she'd heard about from a friend.
I put it on my list of things to do.
A few days later Marie called and sweetly said
she'd picked up a can for me to try.
I know!
She's a doll and boy am I glad she did.
This stuff is the bom-diggity...




You spray it on like hair spray.
Best part is not only does it cover your gray
it seriously makes you look like you have more hair.
Ladies of a certain age - you know what I'm talking about.
Under 40s you may not get this but over 40? -> I got your back!
Just like eyebrow hair tends to become sparse
so might the hair on your head.
This spray is like magic in a can.
I've haven't tried their other products
but if they are anything like Root Concealer I'm sold!



2 comments :

  1. Oh wow! I've got to get some of this stuff....I go to the salon ever 5 week religiously for root touch up and cut, about every 2nd or 3rd visit I get highlights. Thanks to my dad's side of the family, my younger siblings all went gray early....don't know why I didn't but in the last few years it's snuck up on me. I don't even want to know how much gray hair I have!

    Thanks for the "tip" Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. That raccoon came to visit me after about three weeks when I was still coloring my hair! I finally gave up coloring my hair when my daughter told me my hair looked like a frazzled mess! This sounds like a great product. Where was it when I needed it?!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished