Monday, February 1, 2016

house in the 'hood

I admit I haven't been stalking listings on my beloved har.com lately.
You may remember that we decided after the losses in our family
last spring to stay where we were planted
while our hearts were healing.
I didn't stop intentionally but my heart just wasn't in it.
Until recently ;)
Even my husband, my partner in real estate stalking,
is mentioning new houses and empty lots.
I've told him not to tease unless he's serious.
Because you KNOW I would jump at the bit
to design and build a dreamy new home.
Until then I'm back to looking for ideas.
Herewith is my favorite house in the 'hood...
its sale pending but we can look and dream any way...

This kitchen had me at hello.
I'd never leave this kitchen.
I wouldn't.
I'd just sit and stare all day.
What's not to love?




Calcutta marble countertops and backsplash.
I promise I'd take cooking lessons to do it justice.
And to figure out the Wolf six burner stove and multiple ovens.
Yes, I said multiple ovens.
That may come in handy as our three boys approach the teen years.
Plus the built in Subzero fridge/freezer.

And I know you know my favorite light fixtures
times two above the island
makes my heart happy.
But it gets better when you turn around...
say it with me...



Yes it is.
A wine room.
How many of you just said "sold!" to yourself?
I know I'm not alone.
If you did just know I consider you part of my tribe.
And a tribe that drinks together, well, we have more fun don't we? ;)

Walking back towards the front of the house
you'll find a huge den
with a Texas sized wood burning fireplace...



Right outside the den and breakfast areas
is the outdoor kitchen area with sink, grill, and gas fireplace.




Back inside and across from the den area is the dining room
and formal living room...


Steel front doors are all the rage around here.
I love the look but I personally would want more privacy.
That's just me though.

The study below could also be used as a fifth bedroom...


since the builder was thinking ahead
and included a closet and full bath...


I know right?
Completely pin worthy.
I'm in love with the Ann Sacks tile on the floor and the brass fixtures.
Loves it all!
They also used Ann Sacks tile in the pass through butlers pantry
between the kitchen and dining rooms...


Storage galore!
I love it.

Here's a great shot from the entry way...


Notice the Venetian plastered walls and ceilings throughout
as well as beautiful reclaimed oak wood floors.
I also learned a new term to describe the ceiling above - groin vaulted.
Taking notes y'all.

Upstairs you immediately enter the media/game room...





off of which is a balcony with a gas fireplace...


that also connects to the master bedroom...


I love the separate office space don't you?
I call dibs on it though.

The master bath ain't shabby either...


after all its got all I want or need-
a beautiful soaking tub
and an overhead rain shower.

Now get ready for the master closet.
Take a minute to prepare...


I know.
My heart was racing too when I first saw it.
My OCD side just went "ahhhh, yes please, and thank you."


The secondary bedrooms and baths are generously sized...



I love how they put the outlets in the baseboards.
Putting that on my list for sure.

I love the mix of subway and penny tiles in the shower...


 


 All simple but elegant with lots of storage especially in
the shared bathroom between the game room and fourth bedroom... 


I don't know about you
but I've added a few things to my
design notebook for a future build.
Hope you got some great ideas too.


I know its Monday but as my dad always says
every day is a great day!
Think about that.
Its better than the alternative right?
Whatever you do, do it with gusto.




all images via my favorite real estate website har.com



3 comments :

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!!! This house knocks it out of tha park! Would you mind sharing what the exterior looks like? Thanks for this eye candy.

    L.K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could move in today and love it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love every inch of this house. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished