Monday, March 14, 2016

house in the 'hood

I have a hard time believing that this house in the 'hood
hasn't been snapped up yet.
It better sell quickly or Houston we might have a problem.
{And by Houston I mean my husband.}
Herewith my favorite house in our 'hood for this week...





The description calls it farmhouse meets coastal.
I'd call it mine in a heartbeat.
It has a front porch for my husband.
Check.
Let's see what's on my want list...
um, yeah, everything.
Ebony stained wood floors throughout,
nice sized dining room...


a mirror flip into this area which i assume 
is either a study or a formal living room
with a nice view of things to come in the back yard...


Back in the dining room
if you turn around and go straight you'd find ...



the amazing kitchen...


with Thermador appliances,
subway tile to the ceiling,
mudroom entry from the side loading garage,


stainless steel farmhouse sink,
beautiful bridge faucet,
and a mix of honed granite and Carrera marble countertops. 
Plus I love the look of the darker trimmed wood clad windows.
Off the hallway is a guest bathroom. 
Perfect for party throwing :) 


The view to the left is a family room
but I'd call it the keeping room
with its cozy fireplace
and a view into the garden through the steel patio doors.



Up the stairs you'll find the large master suite...


I love the modern farmhouse feel to the master bath,
with the lighting, the fixtures, down to the countertop edge.


Oh how I love a soaking tub
{but not the window placement. just saying.}


and I have to say this master closet had my OCD at hello.



I like the build in desk and bulletin board in this secondary bedroom...


and the little details in the tiling both in the tub and on the floor.


Another secondary bedroom...


and a similar but different en suite bath,
this one a bit more masculine.
The shampoo shelf is a definite thumbs up.



Based on the roof line and ceilings here
I'm assuming the third floor is all for fun.
I assume this is an extra room for crafts or tv watching
that could also be turned into a bedroom if need be...


with this awesome bathroom...


and an even larger area at the landing for the third floor
perfect for a teen hangout or lounge area.





Last but not least the laundry room.
Perfection with its little desk area,
plenty of storage,
and I dare say lots of flat space on the counters 
for folding up a laundry storm.


Finally the back yard with its fire pit
reminiscent of our summers in Palmetto Bluff. 
I am so doing this in our backyard y'all.
Writing "find brick mason" on my to do list asap.


And lastly a better look at the front facade...



to play a little game of "where's waldo" but with this house...


Look up above the word "above"
A nice little aerial view over part of our 'hood in Houston.
I love it and this house!

all images via the divine har.com 

Hope you're off to a great start of a terrific week!

3 comments :

  1. Definitely has some interesting architectural lines. Love the third floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I go again... I miss Texas! I had a tub in front of a window just like that. Our yard was really big and private. I only was in it twice in 12 years. Also, the sun thru that window faded it and we replaced it before we moved. Have a great week, Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, that's my kind of house...beautiful! Love all the dark wood and accents.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished