Friday, April 29, 2016

It's Friday and I'm in love...

Hope your week has been as productive as mine.
My dear friend and partner in DIY crime came over yesterday
and together we figured out how to hang wallpaper.
As in neither one of us had ever done it before.
If the adventures of Lucy and Ethel pop in your mind
as you read that, well, you wouldn't be too far off base.
At one point Rena was laying on her tummy on top of my washer.
I wanted so badly to grab my phone and take a quick pic
but meanwhile I found my elbow wedged between the wall and said washer
while the rest of my arm was glued to the wall.
Temporarily.
Rena was able to grab the long level and pry my arm free.
She is the lady to call for any and all DIY adventures I'm telling you.
Remember too that she's the one that plans gorgeous Greek weddings. :)
I think it turned out beautifully if I do say so myself...





I'm so in love with this room its not even funny.
I know not everyone will understand this.
{not naming names Allison but one of my peeps asked the question
"who on earth would wallpaper their laundry room?"
Me.
I'm in here so often I'm thinking about putting 
a chair, my laptop, and a Keurig machine in here too.
If that's wrong I don't want to be right.
I still have green dabs of paint on me but even that makes me smile.
One rainy day this week I noticed something funny
as I was waiting in the carpool line...



The paint I picked matches the color of my rain coat.
#didntdothatonpurposeIpromise
Weird right? 
In case you're wondering its Sherwin Williams Envy.

As I was searching for "before photos"
that shows I've been dreaming of this reno for four years,
back when our laundry was surfboard yellow...


I even said back then I wanted appley green paint on the cabinets
and a mural on one wall. 
FINALLY!
I still have a few tweaks to do,
namely the main door and the lighting
but I think I love it...



Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments :

  1. Looks fantastic. Laundry rooms are so hard to maneuver in!! And, if the paper wasn't on the floor the next morning, you did good my friend. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, I love it!!!! Why don't I have more green in my life?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy... I positively LOVE your wallpaper!! It looks great with your cabinets too. Enjoy your weekend and hope you have lots of laundry to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love it! It's so darn happy and since you have to do laundry you might as well be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the green and the wallpaper! I would love to give our laundry room a face lift too. I spend way too much time in there. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, Nancy! I am in love with that wallpaper and with the green!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished