Wednesday, April 6, 2016

what up Wednesday

I know I owe you a part two of Round Top.
I'll get there I promise.
In the meantime here's a few of my favorite things
that I've been meaning to tell you...


I've blogged about some cute finds on Ruche.com
Well, sadly, after eight years they are going out of business.
But on the up side of that everything in their store is now 50 to 90% off.
Click here to check out their sale.

I've spotted some cool stuff at Loft as well.
This soon shall be mine...

Does this shirt remind anyone else of John Robshaw fabrics?
Anyone?
ok. well, either way its on sale for $15.
You're welcome ;) 


You may know that I have some whack allergic skin
since taking an antibiotic a few years ago.
{Insert my husband rolling his eyes at that statement.}
I think I've finally figured it out
thanks to my google skills.
One part genetic glitch {MTHFR}
+
one part wheat allergy
+
allergies to certain chemical ingredients 
=
no bueno skin

I'm getting there though.
I changed my diet, gave up wheat and grains,
switched my favorite coffee creamer to one without carrageenan, 
lots of little switches have added up to big changes,
and most importantly, some relief.
More on that another day if you want me to...its a LOOONNGGG story.
I still flush and hive out but not as frequently.
Praise the Lord above.
Anywho...
all this trial and error has led me to some new products.
And you KNOW how I love to try new stuff.
My latest obsession is this soap...


Knock wood but my skin loves this stuff.
I've only tried the lavender and it smells divine so I'm not switching.
You can find it at Whole Foods, Target, even amazon.

Under the heading 
"sometimes it pays to ask questions"
I asked my neighbor what candle he was burning 
because his house always smells Ah-mazing.
He told me and I promptly forgot
and was too shy to ask again
for fear he'd find out how short term my memory really is.
Instead lucky for me he brought one over for me to try.
I know.
He's the bomb.


What's more lovely than the scent
{and that my friend is hard to beat}
is what I read on their website...

"Laura Slatkin {of Nest Fragrances} created the Blue Garden Collection
to support Autism Speaks
the world's leading autism science and advocacy organization.
Since its debut in 2010, Blue Garden has blossomed into
one of {Nest's} most beloved fragrances.
Blue Garden is a blend of blue hydrangea, hyacinth, and forget-me-nots 
accented with fresh green notes and a dew drop accord.
Nest Fragrances donates 10% of the retail price on all items
in the Blue Garden Collection to Autism Speaks."

I doubt I'll ever buy a different candle than this.
If you know me in real life then you know autism is close to my heart.
April is Autism Awareness month.
If you can, buy a Blue Garden candle.
The smallest size is $16 for a votive candle.
You won't regret it.


On the home project front I've lost my mind.
I'm planning so many, 
too many in fact
that I'm trying to step back and take a breath.
I thought about joining the linking party for the ORC
but it starts tomorrow and I just don't know...
if I do it will be my laundry room,
which some of you may know I've been dreaming of for a while.
Here's where I am...


I know.
Wallpaper eye candy galore.
Stay tuned to see what I pick.
ORC or no 
I'm gonna cross this one off my list in the very near future.

Lastly this happened...


Meet Magnolia.
I'm puppysharenting with my friend/neighbor.
He gets night duty.
 I'm the day shift when he's not home.
My boys are in love and honestly so am I.

Ok y'all.
I'm out.
Off to work on my laundry room,
then the twins room,
then painting the downstairs...
you know how I roll.
#serialredecorator
#sorrynotsorry



6 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a nice comment on The Relished Roost!
    I LOVE your blog you definitely have a new follower here! xo K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) the feeling is mutual :)

      Delete
  2. What a adorable dog! I want to buy that candle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love Chief and want one like him so much. I know it will happen and I cant wait!

      Delete
  3. I am going to try that candle it sounds fabulous! I love Dr. Bonners. I have used it for so many different things including washing my dog! The Eucalyptus is a natural flea repellant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Castille soap and I must try Nest candles...so pretty! Hope you decide to do ORC, but either way I'll be following your transformation! Happy Sunday ~

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished