Thursday, May 12, 2016

out and about...dash houston


While we were in Round Top a few weeks back
we noticed some signs for Dash Houston 
a bi-annual home decor market pop up shop.
We marked it on the calendar but as time got closer
the gang realized the only way we could go 
was on the afternoon of the designer only preview.
Everyone looked at me,
with the declaration that I was going to start a business of my own.
Its funny how the universe works sometimes.
You put it out there and, if it's meant to be,
things start falling into place.
Dash isn't the only reason but
it was like adding a few more logs to the fire...
I trucked on down to the county clerk's office,
filed the business paperwork I needed,
and bam...my dream became a reality.
{Thanks Sharon for patiently explaining to me 
the ins and outs of starting a business in the great state of Texas ;)
and to my sister Julie who advised me on tax implications...
I got my legal on and became "official" :)
So I emailed Dash then promptly held my breath
to see if they'd bar the door to newbie me.
Happily I got an email back: Access granted!
We were in!
When we arrived we were greeted at the door
with the offer of a glass of wine.
Right there I knew I'd found more of my tribe...




Vendors were still setting up their booths but hey, wine in hand, who cares about that...
I still saw eye candy everywhere I turned...



If you haven't yet heard of Mela & Roam click over to her website stat
but first get some water to put out the smoke that will appear over your credit card...
don't say I didn't warn you...

















Next up was Savannah House Design... 



 It wasn't just the name that caught this southern girl's eye...


Yes.
I'd found my blue and white heaven at Dash...












Trust me.
 I had to be pulled out of there.
I wasn't about to leave willingly.

Lots of inspiration in one place...
like this fresh approach to framing...


and the stencils on this dresser had me at hello...



still some glimpses of blue and white...


Sorry I didn't get all the different vendor names but some were posted...







My what Fixer Upper has done for the cotton boll industry...






Keeping an eye out for friend's wish lists...


I circled...


measured and photographed...



 Beautiful but too wide and not long enough...


We forged on to find other unique pretties...


I meant to go back and grab one of these for Father's Day...


meant is the operative word.
Whoops.

This shop is divine and online!
Check out the cool offerings by Laurier Blanc...




Kicking myself over not grabbing some peacock feathers...






 My peeps snapped up a ton of these beautifully hand painted bowls...


while I eyed the jewelry....


and other bling...





Loves...


My peep Erin scored a floor mat painted like an old chippy wood floor...


perfect for her old but soon to be newly remodeled home with its hip rustic vibe.

Speaking of....

 I love it when old stuff becomes hip again...











That's a wrap for Dash...until the fall that is.
I think we're adding this to our twice yearly repertoire.
So far its Round Top and Dash...
can't wait to add more home decor venues to our treasure trekking list.


4 comments :

  1. WOW I wish we had a Dash by us!! That blue and white LOVE!! Biggest regret not buying a Sarried Brass chest years ago from Ebay for 300.00! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... This looks like my kind of place. I need to move back. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy!
    Congrats on being business official!
    Love shopping with you:)
    I want you to know that you have an open invitation to come visit and shop with me anytime!!!
    I think we would have a blast together! Remember the first Sunday of the month is The Alameda Point Antiques Fair:)
    XO
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing I don't live within striking distance of Houston, because I would've blown through a ton of money. And a happy belated blog birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished