Friday, July 15, 2016

FriYAY

Would you believe me if I told you
that I'm still coughing up a lung?
Its been two weeks and I'm over this.
I'll admit I was hard headed.
It took me til day six to go to the doctor.
Even then it was a fluke.


I'd scheduled an appointment to have a lump checked out.
My regular internist was like 
I know you said you were here for a breast exam
but I think you've got bigger issues today.
Let's talk about your breathing.
#busted
Of course hard headed me
waited for three more days
 to get the prescription filled.
And I may have run a few 5ks in the interim.
When she told me not to.
Allegedly.
In my defense my thought process on that was
I always feel better after I run.
But I didn't.
And I haven't.
Until today.
Even though I'm writing this
still in my pajamas,
waiting for our new mattress and upholstered bed to arrive.
Because that's what you do when you're me 
and you're sick for two weeks.
You shop from bed.
Not even allegedly.
Because my husband is going to realize this 
when he gets home today and finds 
the new bed and mattresses in the hallway.
Which is why I'm still not showered.
I'm waiting on the delivery guys.
They're gonna love seeing me today.
My hair is doing its "Flock of Seagulls" thing.
#big hair don't care
Here's the new bed by the way...


I debated about more of a neutral versus a pop of color.
In the end I decided to be fearless.
I'm done playing safe y'all.
Life is short.
Go for the green I decided.
I have plans to spiffy up the legs on this lovely.
More on that if it works out.
I'll also let you know about the mattress that I ordered online
without {gasp} trying it out in person.
I figured I tried out our current one in store
and have hated it ever since.
I thought it was because I was pregnant when we got it.
Eight years later that is NOT the problem.
It's not me...its the bed.
At least I'm hoping because if not the hubs will not be amused.
#denydenydeny
I've been working on updating my portfolio page 
Although it just hit me.
I guess that means that these pictures ...
always in a southern state of mind

will need to be updated soon with the new furniture.
#dominiodecoratingdecision
Feel free to give me some feedback on the new website in the comment section.

I've also been sourcing items on the inspiration board 
I designed for my first official client...

the decor detective



Her contractor is scheduled for the end of the month.
I can't wait to post before and after photos.

In the meantime I've got it in my head
that I'm going to paint a few rooms next week
while my crew of kids are in camp.
Yes, its musical beds and bedrooms around here.
Our old bed is moving to a new room
and one of the twins has decided its time to split up
with his roomies.
Breaks my heart and is exciting at the same time.
I'm choosing not to be sad that a new era in growing up is happening
and instead telling myself it's just an excuse to redecorate.
As if I needed one. 
Ha!

Lastly let me close with this.




In my humble opinion 
with the two presumptive candidates we have...
we are screwed.
I'm going to drink more.
Who's with me?
I don't know about you
but I am sick with the way
our world is going to hell in a handbasket.
I was going to write a long post about 
what's going on 
and what's on my heart but
telling you what I believe won't change anything.
But me and my crew?
We're going forth in kindness and in love,
every day trying to find ways to pay it forward,
especially with random acts of kindness,
even if its as small as looking in the eyes
at every person we pass by
and giving a warm hello and a smile.
Especially when you don't want to.
We need to put down our phones and electronics 
and remember how to communicate as people,
realizing every person has a story to tell
and a battle they're fighting.
We're more alike than we are different.
We all want the same things,
a safe place to live,
someone to love and be loved by.
The rest of it is just small stuff.
Be kind to one another.
Its the only way we're going to get through this.
Remember September 12, 2001?
When our country had been punched in the gut
and I swear it felt like every single person
was kind to one another.
Remember that feeling?
I do.
And I want it again.
More for my kids than for me.
Our children do not deserve what is going on in this world.
We can do it but it's going to take each of us an individual,
not just fifty percent of us.
Be a light in this life.
I'm hoping if enough of us do it we can overcome the darkness.
I don't know if it will work
but I for one am determined to try.






5 comments :

  1. Preach. You are expressing the exact same words that I shared with my sister over the phone this morning. She could barely understand me as I tried to explain to her through my sobbing that I am exhausted trying to explain to my precious, innocent 8 and 10 year old boys that there had been yet another terrorist attack. They wanted to know if any children had been killed... HEARTBREAKING. I am dumbfounded that this is becoming THEIR REALITY. We talked again about the "why" someone would want to hurt others, then we talked about "what" we could do to make the world a better place. I will admit it is getting harder and harder not to get bogged down by all of evil in the world, but I have to keep telling myself and my family that we don't have a choice other than to BE THE GOOD.
    And on different plane---your new bed is FEARLESS AND FABULOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this, yes. Feeling so sad and despondent about the current state of the world. It's been one tragedy after another and I have to make an effort to remind myself that people are good and decent. Well, most. Switching gears, I'm in love with your bed. I'm so happy you went with the green--it's amazing! The portfolio pics are lovely--your photographer did well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better and love the new bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you. Love the bed. That is our "family" color. Long story.
    I feel as you, the lesser of two evils is still evil. I don't think I can vote. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished