Sunday, July 31, 2016

house in the 'hood

When my husband and I were first dating
 I would fly here for the weekend
and one of our favorite things to do
would be to drive around to look at real estate.
I remember my husband would always say...
now listen, don't fall in love with any thing here
because we can't afford any thing in this 'hood.
Good news for him is that I didn't listen.
#bestinvestmentever
#wherethere'sawillthere'salwaysaway
Ha!
Not a lot has changed...

well, the convertible is now a minivan
and we still stalk real estate
but more times than not
its virtually, through my favorite
{and the best}
real estate website har.com.
Herewith my latest favorite house in the 'hood...






Love the floors don't you?
They're a custom blend of hickory, red oak, and white oak.



From this angle you can see built-in storage in the dining room...


that leads into the butler's pantry/bar area
with hammered pewter sink and polished nickel faucet...


connecting the dining room with the kitchen...


Note the reclaimed brick floors above
and the leathered soapstone counters
in both the bar area and the kitchen...


Love the lanterns and the concealed subzero fridge...


{Rohl bridge faucet and Walker Zanger back splash}


{I know you're pinning away LaVerne ;)}

I love this mod mix in the breakfast area...


Yes please to this mud room with cubbies and storage...


A little peek into the powder room...



which is right around the corner from
the main living area with its antique brick gas logs,
simple but chic with beautiful light and a view into the side yard...


The view from the breakfast area towards the front of the house...

Definitely pinning the custom ironwork railing...
{the door above in case the future buyer wants an elevator.}

This would be my favorite spot in the house...
a little retreat upstairs with its own wet bar.
I could definitely see marathon-tv watching in here couldn't you?


Any guesses as to what I'm NOT in love with in this room?


I don't know...just something about that chandy...hmmm????

Let's get back to the positives...
marble counter tops and a soaking tub.




Nice storage in the master closet...


I love the trend in small windows placed higher on the wall
that allows for lots of light but more privacy,
{especially around here where the houses are close together}.


This shared bathroom has Lagos Azul limestone counters
and gray slate flooring...




while this secondary bath uses Athens gray marble 


The bar above the sink in the laundry is perfect for hanging delicates to dry.
Definitely adding that to the list for a new build...


Lastly here are some great exterior photos...






all images via har.com

2 comments :

  1. What a wonderful home!! You have a great HOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha-i remember back in the day the neighborhood my husband (then finance) told me we'd be moving to when we bought a house-it was the UGLIEST neighborhood EVER! but it ended up being a good investment...but thrilled we are no longer there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished