Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Let's talk fall

I don't know about you 
but I get stacks of catalogs in the mail every day,
at least ten a day.
I usually keep one or two to flip through
then recycle the rest.
I almost threw away the most recent one from Chico's.
The reason I didn't is that I noticed Elaine Irwin on the cover.
For those of you without useless knowledge in your brain like me,
she is John {Cougar} Mellencamp's ex-wife.
And yes, I am available for phone-a-friend calls 
if you're ever on a game show
where you need fast access to said useless knowledge.
Ha!
Now I don't know if I've ever bought anything from Chico's
but after seeing their fall catalog I'm thinking 
that might be about to change.
Herewith my favorite picks...





This cape is all business from the outside
and all party on the inside.
Loves it!
This one reminds me of Katie from preppy empty nester...



Its like the perfect poncho...the cat's meow if you will. 


Loving the color of this cold shoulder top ...



Now this peasant top appeared more emerald green in print...


I'd be interested to see what it looks like in person.
Good to know that it also comes in three other colorways.
I think its a great top to dress up jeans. 
That's my plan any way :)

In case you haven't heard 
ruffles are "in" this season...


I wish this jacket came in other colors besides black.
Just saying.

I'm all over this dress like white on rice...



You know how I love a good shift dress.
Easy peasy lemon breezey.
Throw it on and you're done.

Sleeves of all shapes and sizes are also "in"... 


Its hard to see in the picture above
but click over to chico's and watch the video
of the model in the dress.
I love the way the sleeves move.
Simple but chic.



I was sad to see this sweater got meh reviews...




It might be worth a try-on if you're near a store
or consider this one instead...




Let me know if you find anything at Chico's 
I should know about.
Chico's has a buy one, get one half off sale on
all full price styles...the code is on their main home page
{the one with Elaine Irwin on it :)}







7 comments :

  1. Have you ever been to the Chico's Outlet in Meyerland? They are usually having some type of sale and I have found great deals there. There is a Marshall's around the corner too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Lisa! I have not! good to know! i know there's a marshalls there but my happy place is the marshalls home goods combo store {any and every}...does that one have good home decor stuff? do tell :)

      Delete
  2. I've never been a chico's fan. I think it is because they had Michael Phelps' mother as their spokeswoman and model. Love the first pic and the black jacket. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl, i had no idea she used to be a spokesperson. adding that to my phone a phone knowledge font. ;)

      Delete
  3. I think Elaine is just gorgeous! fun picks here my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the cape in there first image, Nancy! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, love this post! So many fun pieces for Fall!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished