Thursday, October 27, 2016

what is it?

I felt compelled to post again about
my favorite kitchen gadget...


Looking at the picture you may be wondering
what is it?
btw...random useless trivia here...
anyone else remember that the mascot of the '96 Atlanta Olympics
was first named "whatizit?" then got shortened to just "izzy"?
I think that was the only time
 I've ever been embarrassed to be from Georgia.
What were they thinking?
Anywho...back to my original thought process...



My favorite gadget for the kitchen...
I got to thinking about this the other day
when I asked my cooking guru friend Joyce
about how long to cook a certain something.
She said use a meat thermometer.
I wrote back...
yeah...you're assuming I have one.
Ha!
While I may not have a meat thermometer...yet...
I do have one of the best gadgets ever made for the kitchen.
Its a can opener.
And in apple green.
It doesn't get any better than this.
Even the hubs was raving about it 
when we took a cooking class
with our boys as a part of my birthday celebration.
 You might be wondering how it works...
short story - it opens your cans from the side
without leaving a sharp edge
(think no more cutting yourself while throwing away a lid.)
Best part?
you don't even have to touch the lid to throw it away...
that little gray button you see on the top?
you just release it over the trash can
and the top drops in.
Oh and you don't have to wash it
because it doesn't touch the contents of the can.
Sounds easy right?
It will take you a minute to figure it out.
My advice is to read the instructions
{which normally I never do but this time I did}
but I LOVE this contraption
and I never in a million years thought
I'd say that about a flippin' can opener.
You can purchase it on amazon.com here.
You might want to grab one for you
and one for gift giving...
just saying the holidays are coming
and if you have someone who loves to cook
this may be a slam dunk for you,
plus its under 20 bucks.
Cant beat that with a stick.
You're welcome.
Hey...let me know what your favorite kitchen gadget is...
I'm trying hard to learn to love cooking...
or at least improve my skills ;)
I'll take all the help I can get.

2 comments :

  1. Great stocking gift for my girls, Nancy. Thanks for the tip. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying about the meat thermometer comment.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished