Thursday, December 29, 2016

house in the 'hood

I can't believe this year is coming to a close.
What a year it has been!
If you've been around here for a while you'll know
2016 was a HUGE year of changes for me,
both personal and professional.
I've worked hard at it from both angles,
I've learned a lot,
and I have to say
I'm excited to do more of both in 2017.
Thank you for sticking with me through this rollercoaster of life.
I appreciate you more than words can say.
Now back to regular programming...



I debated a lot about posting this house in the 'hood.
In a very happy but surreal twist of fate
I was introduced to a local real estate agent through a mutual friend.
Its a L-O-N-G story that I'm sure I'll share here one day.
The short story is that my new client contacted me
through my business website
and asked if I would help with the staging of one of her listings.
I know.
{Insert the sound of heaven's angels singing here.}
While I did mention that I stalk real estate near and far,
this client has no idea about my personal blog here,
no idea that I do these "house in the 'hood" posts.
I'll share my work stuff here
but I try not to share
my personal stuff on the work website...
make sense?
That's just how I want and need to roll.
Anywho...
Of course I said yes immediately to her request.
We met just before Thanksgiving to tour the house
and I went to work brainstorming immediately
about what I would do if the house were mine...
because that's where my mind goes when I stalk har.com...
if I look at the listings and find a house that speaks to me -
ie if I want to buy the house, ha!
I immediately start designing it in my head
{pretend} moving my own furniture inside,
where to put it in the rooms,
how to style it,
what things I'd have to buy to make it work...
that kind of thing.
That's when I know
I've found a house I want to feature in this series.
Because I immediately move myself in.
Ha!

Even though that feeling happened when I first walked into this property
I debated about whether to feature it here
for fear it would be a conflict of interest...
so here's what I decided to do...
I wrote it up just as I would for posting here
but to look at the lovely pictures
you have to click here to go to The Décor Detective.

I plan on doing a before and after post as well,
with photos and details so stay tuned for that
but in the meantime click through above to see
my latest favorite "house in the 'hood"...

http://www.thedecordetective.com/2016/12/client-project-new-construction-staging.html#more


I wish you and yours many happy blessings in the new year.


image via har.com

1 comment :

  1. Can wait to see! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished