Monday, February 20, 2017

Monday musings

Hope y'all had a terrific weekend.
I feel like I need another one stat.
Ha!
In case you didn't see my instagram,
hell froze over briefly.
I went camping.
Their boy scout troops had a family weekend
and in one of those "time is flying by so fast" moments
I told myself to suck it up buttercup, you're going.
Believe me when I tell you
that my crew didn't believe me at first.
Hell, I didn't believe me.



But I went and kept a smile on my face the whole time.
Sometimes through gritted teeth.
Because that's what you do when you have three boys.
You suck it up and tell yourself
one day, you're gonna miss this.
And yes, I'll probably do it again.
Apparently the new troop they joined this year loves to camp.
😕
Like I tell my kids...if that's the worst thing that happened to me
last week, well, then that was a great week.
And it was truly...
I made huge progress on our powder room reno
although as you can see from this sneak peek
that I still have a little ways to go...


but I'm getting there, slowly but surely.
While I was in the middle of painting trim
and hanging the wallpaper
{which let me add would have been a great
pay per view event to see me tangled up
in wallpaper and glue, twisting origami style
while clinging to a ladder in our tiny powder room
and perhaps muttering some cuss words while doing it...
#allegedly
#multi-tasker}

While I was covered in wet paint and wallpaper
I got the sweetest surprise...



photo above by Haley Ottmann Photography

Thankfully I was off the ladder when I saw it.
I was surfing the net on a break from the bathroom reno
and saw her instagram post above then clicked over to her blog.
My sweet friend Holly Mathis did a blog post about me and my business.
Pretty soon I was covered in paint, glue, and tears.
I was gobsmacked by her words.
Still am if I'm being truthful.
She's been a wonderful source of support to me
since I shared my decor detective dream with her last year.
I almost didn't actually...
the story I was telling myself in my head was that she would say
"who do you think you are?"
but I should have known better...
that was my own fear and shame whispering in my ear.
Instead of armoring up to avoid feeling vulnerable
I opened my heart and soul to her,
as I have with other aspects of my life,
and she, a true friend, became a mentor to me.
#loveher


I hate to cut this short but two more walls are calling.
Better than being outside today.
The weird weather continues around town.
If you're around Houston stay safe today.
Have a great Monday!


2 comments :

  1. Congrats, Nancy, on such a nice post about you. She's right, I love that bathroom that you did. Good luck with the rest of your wallpapering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! I love that bathroom and am looking forward to seeing yours finished as well!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished